Sunday, December 6, 2009

World of Minecraft

I was wandering around the interwebs bored earlier today, waiting for the glorious hour when my copy of Silent Hill Shattered Memories arrives (and if you're enjoying this blog in any capacity get your fill now, because you won't be seeing me for awhile when that happens) when I stumbled across Minecraft, an intruiging little indie MMO.

Minecraft is as far as I can tell somewhat similar to Love, only less stylish- you build things in tandem with other players and, when the survival mode is finished, you'll be able to fend off hoards of enemies together.

At the moment I'm sticking to the single player game and basically treating it like virtual lego. Upon seeing that there were wood and bookcase blocks (which I will insist in referring to as "build grist") in the menu I set about constructing a little log cabin. I think it was around the time I glanced at the clock and realised I had spent the last 15 minutes working out how to make a sloping roof that I realised this concept might be a good one.

I'm currently raising a Dread Tower of obsidian build grist with which to survey the domain I plan on building. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment